- WIDE MOUTH MAKES CLEANING EASIER THAN EVER: The glass jar is less likely to get scratched up than a plastic carboy or bucket, so these jars are already easy to clean, but the wide mouth makes it even more convenient than a normal carboy. Stick your whole arm inside the vessel to reach all of the surface area with a cleaning cloth, ensuring bacteria has no place to hide.
- INSTALL YOUR OWN AIR LOCK: When using this jar as a fermenter, gas will be released from your brew. If the vessel were sealed airtight, the added gas could cause the jar to explode if not vented properly, but if there is not a good seal, your brew could become oxidized. The removable cap on the lid allows you to install a drilled #3 rubber stopper with your own air lock so the gas can vent without allowing in oxygen.
- BUILT-IN AIR LOCK: The lid has a recessed area with a removable cap that can be replaced with a breather cap to use as an air lock. The breather cap allows gas to escape from the container during fermentation and having it in a recessed area allows you to fill it with sanitizer so that the released gas can bubble out, but harmful oxygen and impurities cannot get in and contaminate your brew.
- ADJUSTABLE DIAL TO SET BREW DATE: The lid features an adjustable dial that allows you to set the date that you begin fermentation, so if you have multiple batches going at the same time in different jars, it's easy to keep track of when each one started! Simply turn the inner dial to the month and the outer dial to the day. No more sticking a piece of tap on the side with a date scribbled on it!
- DURABLE STRAPS MAKE CARRYING EASY: If you've ever tried picking up a slippery jar that's filled with a few gallons of liquid, you'll appreciate the convenience and safety of having a strong woven nylon strap to lift and carry the jar from place to place. The straps fit snugly around the jar and criss-cross the bottom to evenly support the weight, but can be quickly slid off of the jar for cleaning.
Details: This Kegco 4.755 gallon wide mouth glass carboy features a wide mouth design that makes it an ideal fermentation vessel for 3 gallon batches! This wide mouth design allows you to reach all of the way inside, making it easier to add or remove ingredients and to thoroughly clean the carboy. You can stick your whole arm into the jar to reach all of the surface area with a cleaning cloth, so bacteria has no place left to hide. Glass jars do not scratch easily, making them easy to sanitize and preventing them from holding odors After fermentation. These glass carboys are airtight and will not break down over time, so you can be confident that they will provide decades of great performance if handled with care. The screw top lid stays on through fermentation and won't slip out like a foamy bung, and the lid features a removable cap in a recessed area that can double as an air lock or hold a #3 stopper for your own air lock. Best of all, this carboy comes with handy carrying straps that make it easier than ever to move and transport.
Package Dimensions: 18.8 x 14.0 x 13.0 inches
We Also Recommend
Quality Stainless Steel Canister Set for Kitchen Counter with Glass Window & Airtight Lid - Food Storage Containers with Lids Airtight - Pantry Storage and Organization Set
MiracleWipes for Glass, Disposable and Streak Free Cleaning Wipes for Mirrors, Windows, Kitchen, Home, and Auto, Includes Microfiber Towel - 30 Count Kit
Armor All, AA255 , 2.5 Gallon 2 Peak HP Wet/Dry Utility Shop Vacuum , Orange